On the other side of the world an extraordinary heritage from a dimly remembered ancient past is apparently undergoing an astonishing new exploration which may already have produced a stunning discovery. The place? India, a teeming country with a culture millennia old. The heritage? Antigravity technology, embodied in huge, cryptic Sanskrit poems, fundamental to the Hindu religion. The researchers? Some of the best military, scientific, and engineering brains in India.
Atlantis Rising’s discovery of the research came, amazingly enough, in the early stages of researching a planned article looking at a news report in the December 4, 2004 editorial section of India Daily (http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/12-04e-04.asp) that the Indians were replicating Podletnikov’s revolutionary gravity shielding experiments, first performed at the Tampere University of Technology in Finland. This writer thought an interesting angle might be to link the research to mentions of mercury being used to propel vimanas, ancient Indian aerial craft described in the Vedas and the Mahabharata. The plan was then to segue to a similar technology in Fouche’s “fictional” (had to be called that or couldn’t be published) Alien Rapture, where the author describes, based on numerous personally known “Deep Throats,” an operational deep black U.S.-built antigravity craft called the TR-3B—a craft with gravity shielding and mercury-based propulsion. That was the plan. The facts turned out to be even more interesting.
While it’s true that the India Daily editorial by Juhi Singal, Special Correspondent, did say, “Mrs. Indira Gandhi in the late seventies while communicating with news journalists once in Kolkata during a whirlwind election trip mentioned that India must research forgotten technologies that were part of Hindu mythologies like the Ramayana and Mahabharata. When quizzed further she mentioned that like in ancient days we should be able to fly effortlessly.” This writer has now found evidence of just such government investigation—in the form of an apparently official report.
Vymanika Shastra Rediscovered
June 1, 2001. A project study conducted by Wg. Cdr. M.P.Rao, etc. of Aeronautical Society of India on behalf of Aerospace Information Panel of Aeronautics Research and Development Board, B-Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi- 110011, India. Copyright: AR&DB New Delhi, India. (Incredibly, the bulk of the text is available online at: http://ebusiness.ada.gov.in/library/library/VymanikaShastra1.htm)
From this writer, a former military analyst with eleven years’ classified program experience, this looks like a huge security leak, especially when contrasted with the previously mentioned editorial, where we read: “Dighi in Pune, the city of the brightest Indian defense research scientists and engineers is full of whispers these days. According to some sources in Pune the scientists are tight lipped and say they cannot speak till 2012. What is going to happen in 2012? No one knows but they keep saying before any question is asked, ‘I know nothing!’ If you carefully keep your ears on these whispers you will realize India has tested something no one wants to talk about, It is a breakthrough in conventional physics and traditional mechanical and aeronautical engineering.”
Contrast that with the United States, where in 1956, all the major aerospace firms were hotly and officially engaged in antigravity research, after which the subject simply vanished from public sight. Curiously, the same thing happened to reporting on nuclear research after the Manhattan Project began during World War II.
That the Vymamanika Shastra Rediscovered report is a serious technical investigation is easy to show, particularly when one has read foreign technology exploitation reports (derived from systematically dissecting, analyzing, meticulously describing and measuring the performance of a major system and all its subsystems). Simply put, this kind of report takes experts from a host of engineering and scientific specialties, precisely what we see here.
“The Project Study Team gratefully acknowledges the keen interest evinced by The Aeronautical Society of India, Bangalore and AR & DB, Ministry of Defence (R&D) for sanctioning the study project. We are thankful to Dr. K. Ramchand, Director, The Centre for Airborne Studies, Bangalore and Air Marshal P. Rajkumar, PVSM, AVSM, VM, President AeSI Bangalore, for their valuable support.” (The report goes on to list 30 individual names).
Without systematically identifying all thirty-plus people/entities listed, their backgrounds/organizational affiliations, it’s immediately evident that the heavy hitters we’d expect to see are here. There are four air force officers, all evidently pilots, and at least one later identified not only as a combat pilot but also a test pilot, an aeronautical R&D expert, a science center director, the director of the National Metallurgical Laboratory, a chemist from an eminent school, a former medical professor, and a major aerospace firm. Seems pretty standard so far, doesn’t it? But the proof that the Indians are indeed hitting the sacred books lies in the inclusion of two highly atypical groups: philosophers (including a Sanskrit expert), and 10 confirmed religious teachers all of whom read Sanskrit, aided by key specialist libraries and a cultural institute. Elsewhere in the text we learn that private researchers, some of whom labored for thirty years, are included. Some of those listed may well be engineering experts of several stripes, but whose backgrounds and affiliations can’t be listed. Indeed, those names may be cover names, not real ones. Been done before!
Lest the readers be left utterly perplexed by what follows, it is now necessary to offer a short summary on the subject of vimanas. We were aided by a remarkable website called A Tribute to Hinduism, which has a whole section devoted to them, along with many great links (http://www.atributetohinduism.com/Vimanas.htm) (case sensitive). Not only is a wealth of material from ancient sources presented here, but we also find the work of people like David Hatcher Childress, whose Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Science of the Ancients cites the parent source of the Vymanika Shastra, Maharshi Bhardwaj (circa 400 B.C.) as defining three basic classes of vimanas.
The list is stunning: In it, Bhardwaj describes vimana, or aerial aircrafts, as being of three classes: 1) those that travel from place to place; 2) those that travel from one country to another; and 3) those that travel between planets.
The first two categories are clear, corresponding, in a civilian sense, to our light aviation/regional carriers and international airliners; the third not only bespeaks travel within the solar system, but may also mean interstellar travel. How so? The first paragraph on the site says it all, “In the Vedic literature of India, there are many descriptions of flying machines that are generally called Vimanas.”
India’s national epic, The Mahabharata, is a poem of vast length and complexity. According to Dr. Vyacheslav Zaitsev: “the holy Indian Sages, the Ramayana for one, tell of two-storied celestial chariots with many windows. . . They roar off into the sky until they appear like comets.” The Mahabharata and various Sanskrit books describe at length these chariots, “powered by winged lighting (sic). . . it was a ship that soared into the air, flying to both the solar and stellar regions.”
The solar region is separately described and is apart from the, also cited, stellar regions, so the conclusion can only be that at least some vimanas were interstellar spacecraft. Sadly, this marvelous technology was turned to war, and it is in that context that we now turn in analyzing the VYMANIKA SHASTRA REDISCOVERED report, for it is unmistakably a military work, full of devices which in many ways eclipse even our black project technical base. What follows will be a look at some of those capabilities in bullet form, expressed fairly simply.
Secrets of the Vimanas
There are 32 secrets listed, and the first two are decidedly outside of conventional aerospace design, being concerned with the use of ritual magick and tantra to make the vimana impervious to attack. The text makes clear that these two belong to the previous age and no longer apply. Continuing on, we find:
- Bad weather detection and warning system
- Solar-derived optical stealth
- Harnessing atmospheric and wind energies to put vimana-hiding glow at front of craft
- Tapping atmospheric and zero-point energies to put the vimana in a white shroud, hiding it
- Tapping the energy of certain cloud formations, focusing it, and using it to paralyze and disable hostile vimanas
- Some form of special light for night operations may be a radar
- Wings retractable in flight
- Wings and/or other parts extensible in flight
- Some sort of oil and smoke-based projector which uses atmospheric heat to project a distorted, terrifying looking vimana to onlookers
- A similar device to change the vimana to look like various animals and natural forms
- A technique using snow in the air as a kind of screen on which to project a flower-bedecked maiden
- A technique using atmospheric, solar and zero-point energies to mimic the rising sun
- A device and technique to instantly create darkness at high noon
- A device using five kinds of smoke and electric propulsion of same to “destroy everything, as in a cataclysm”
- An apparent toxic warfare device which sprays three poisons from the vimana, creating coma and insensibility
- A device using multiple natural energies to project an apparent starlit sky scene
- An air device with special resonators to create a “thunderous din” to deafen, stun, and terrify the enemy
- A device using electrical and air energies already in the vimana to protect it from solar damage when flying in certain parts of atmosphere
- A device relying on multiple natural energies to make the vimana zigzag, thus hard to track and hit
- A device which creates atmospheric shock waves to disrupt hostile vimanas in flight
- A device which lets the vimana pivot rapidly about its vertical axis, allowing the vimana to face mass attacks
- A device to intercept and listen in on enemy vimanas and crews
- A device which can see into any part of the hostile vimana in real time
- A device to view the ground in real time
- A device to passively detect incoming enemy vimanas
- A clear sky only stealth paint, using mica and other substances, make the vimana blend with the sky
- A method of using organic and inorganic compounds, together with solar heat, to mask the vimana in a cloud
- A device to project deadly smoke to kill hostile pilots
- An apparent flamethrower to use in destroying mass attacks on the vimana by hostile vimanas
Quite a list, wouldn’t you say? There’s more, though. The requirements to be a vimana pilot meet, and in some cases exceed, those of a modern combat pilot. So few qualified men were available that normally ironclad caste restrictions were waived. Aircrew protection and special diet needs were thoroughly understood, too.
The ancient Indians had a sophisticated knowledge of the earth centuries before their Western counterparts, but their fundamental discoveries remained unknown until recently because of the impenetrable to most, coded Sanskrit poems in which they were recorded. The ancient Indians knew Earth’s composition, true shape, orbital inclination, her atmosphere and its behavior from the ground to the extreme atmospheric limits, and their material science (based on a wholly alien to Western science amalgam of blending organics and inorganics) was such that, using ancient recipes (once deciphered) radar-absorbent material (RAM) has now been fabricated in the National Metallurgical Laboratory. Their metallurgy was extremely exotic, more than adequate for aerospace work, and most of it thus far remains way beyond even the Indian researchers.
As if this weren’t wild enough, propulsion ranged from solar-assisted heat engines, through jets of some sort, through an unknown propulsion type, clear up to one using some sort of powerful mercury reaction and special electrical equipment to produce antigravity. Shades of the TR-3B!
Another profoundly “other” aspect of this ancient technology was heavy use of natural materials for sophisticated technical tasks, to include animal parts in recipes for mirrors and specially treated animal skin for viewing screens and what Indian scientist believe was insulation. The net effect is not unlike a high-tech version of the “Flintstones” in which the unlikeliest materials are used in wholly unforeseen ways to accomplish tasks, which would normally require racks of specialized sensors and supporting computers. In other words, it seems to be a nature-based technology, one drawing upon four things: profound study of the cosmos and its workings at all levels, profound study of earth and everything to do with her, profound study of all the problems of flight and everything related thereto, and a fundamentally reverent and meditative attitude toward the process and all its aspects. Needless to say, this is not how aerospace systems are normally built, here or almost anywhere else.
A Dicey Future?
If the India Daily report is correct and something strange is flying deep in the Indian Himalayan hinterlands, then two loosely standard possibilities seemingly exist, possibly in combination with two exotic ones:
- Indians are test flying some sort of antigravity craft.
- An earth power with antigravity craft (reportedly U.S., Russia and China, probably others) is monitoring/reconning Indian antigravity work at a black project site.
- ETs are monitoring Indian technological developments.
- Advanced beings from within Earth, discussed in mystical books and reportedly even met, are using their own vimanas to investigate Indian efforts deemed highly sensitive. (It’s said that King Asoka of India [265-238 B.C./273/232 B.C.], desirous of preventing humanity’s potential destruction through misuse of this extremely powerful knowledge, split it into what are known as the Nine Books, guarded by the Nine Unknown Men. The title of the first book? Secrets of Antigravity.
Will India be permitted antigravity, clean, unlimited energy technology, or will someone intervene? Bets?