- Stephen Hawking Fears Artificial Intelligence Will Replace Humans
In an interview with Wired Magazine, Prof Hawking said that he believes artificial intelligence (AI) will eventually reach a level where it will essentially be a “new form of life that will outperform humans.”
- Russia and U.S. to Build Moon Station Together
The countries have agreed to cooperate on a NASA-led program to build the first lunar space station, part of a long-term project to send humans to Mars.
- Carbon in 3.95 Billion-Year-Old Rocks Is from Ancient Life
Graphite particles suggest that the first organisms emerged on Earth almost four billion years ago during one of the most violent periods in our planet’s history.
- Mysterious Object from Deep Space Has Entered the Solar System
It appears to have come down on the plane from 122 degrees, from the direction of the star Vega, in the constellation Lyra. And, mysteriously, its path did not indicate the curved ellipse typical of clockwork-like returning comets.
- Our Universe Should Not Exist, CERN Antimatter Study Says
A new “cutting edge” experiment reveals the vast depths of human ignorance about the cosmos. Why didn’t antimatter and matter annihilate each other after the Big Bang?
- Next Year, Scientists Will Send Messages to Search for Aliens
Many SETI astronomers aren’t content with only scanning the airwaves for signs of ET. Instead, they think we should also be actively reaching out to the cosmos on behalf of planet Earth. Others do not agree.
- Could We Soon Reverse Death?
In a few months a U.S. firm called Bioquark will start trying to ‘reawaken the dead’ in Latin America. The method has not been tested on animals. A trial proposal in 2016 to do it in India was shut down.
- Farming Invented 10,000 Years Earlier than Thought
Ancient hunter-gatherers began to systemically control the evolution of crops up to thirty thousand years ago—around ten millennia before experts previously thought—according to new research by the University of Warwick.
- Mystery Skulls from 11,500 Years Ago in World’s “Oldest Temple”
Carved skulls indicate that Göbekli Tepe, known for enigmatic monumental pillars carved with animals and shapes, was an ancestor-worship site.